lauantai 23. huhtikuuta 2016

21.-22.4.

Hello there,

On both days I worked in Baystreet. I did mostly parking area watching and patrolling. As an add to parking area watching from before, the outside parking area was now open for customers too. Therefor I had to check parking tickets (that they took one when arriving and showed that they had paid before leaving).

On patrolling there wasn’t anything new. We reported in the morning which shops had opened at what time, that there wasn’t anything broken or people sleeping or causing trouble. I also did a bit of camera surveillance when I happened to sit in the office.
On Thursday I got to do some cool stuff: me and the real guard who I was paired with secured a hotel receptionist when she transferred money to the upper hotel floors. It took about two minutes but oh god, did I feel professional.

On the same day I also got to put an escalator on, for it had stopped moving. I also let a person from a shop have her brake and went to replace her for a few minutes. On her break I mostly just checked that no one touched the register or broke anything, because the place was a gaming room, so there wasn’t really anything to steal.


I enjoyed the working days pretty much and I’ll go back next week. What I could do more, is to be more active and ask more about the security work there.But I’ve done what I’ve been told and been flexible about the tasks.  

-Mirja

1 kommentti: