keskiviikko 4. toukokuuta 2016

3.-4.5.

Hejdå,

3.5.

On Tuesday I went to work in Lidl in San Gwann, My job was the basic retail security job, watching that people didn’t steal, check the customer’s purchased items if the alarm gate went off and do customer service. An add to those tasks was also checking that customers didn’t open any packages, used gloves when taking food items on the ”daily baked” section (You know, that section which is in every Lidl where is bread, donuts etc.) and didn’t eat anything before paying for it. The San Gwann Lidl is the busiest (read ”the most lucrative”) Lidl in Europe.

The customers weren't too nice to the staff and there was more than one occasion where there was a disagreement about whether or not they have to follow the rules and whether or not I was doing my job right. 

The store in itself was nice, though. And the people I worked with. They showed me what I was supposed to do and showed the products that make the alarm gate go off (There were a few items that made the alarm gate go off regardless of the item had been paid for or not, because those items get stolen an awful lot.). I can’t say I enjoyed working there, but it was useful. It was different to work in a retail market than in a mall. And at least it wasn’t boring.

4.5.


Today I worked in the office. I got to submit some engagements and terminations, make contracts and name tags and fill some dates in some sort of a working hour system. The day was quite busy,but I liked making contracts and submitting engagements and terminations. I also did a few copies of some papers and filed contracts after they were ready. 

-Mirja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti