torstai 31. maaliskuuta 2016

29.-31.3.

Hello,

29.3.

In the morning I continued working on the mooring men’s files by issuing name tags and gluing them on files. I also updated the database and enrolled and printed contracts for those employees based on the information on the engagement papers. I worked on my own until lunchtime because Lavinia was out off office the whole day. She had left me a memo on thing I must do and I didn’t have problems doing these tasks for I had done them before. I also like working on my own, so the morning time wasn’t a struggle.

In the afternoon I worked with Henna and Oriana. It wasn’t a struggle for me and Henna, but for Oriana because she had to find us things to do. Eventually we checked working hours in weekly time sheets (=calculated if the hours were correctly put on the time sheet and they matched the computer’s Excel version) and putting weekly time sheets and file drawers into alphabetical order. We also copied some documents and made coffee for the private guard license course. The course was full, so me and Henna didn’t attend it and we’ll do it later. There also were only foreigner’s for some reason I didn’t ask.

30.3.

I did various tasks. I filed the mooring men’s files, now that they were enrolled into the payment system. I took in guests (or, you know, opened the gate, asked what they wanted and politely asked them to wait if necessary). I also copied ID cards and some other papers. Together Henna and I updated the uniform files and filed the uniform papers (or more accurately would’ve filed them, if more than 1/10 would had had the actual employment file). After that I enrolled some cleaner employees in the database and organised their papers into the red employee files. The whole day was pretty much a chaos for there was the second day of private guard license course, people coming and going, phone ringing, files missing and the papers I worked on were an utter, complete mess. But the day passed pretty quickly, which was nice. The sun was also shining and it was a very warm day. There was also some cake at the end of the day, because one of the office workers had a birthday. So the day wasn’t horrible, even though it was a bit busy.

31.3.


Today was a public holiday, Jum il-Helsien (=Freedom day), which is to my understanding a sort of independence day of Malta. So we had no work and it was again very warm and sunny. So we decided to go on the beach and the coast road. It was a pretty nice day off.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti