maanantai 28. maaliskuuta 2016

Easter

Hello,

we had Good Friday and the weekend off, so we decided to visit Valletta! The capital city if something was and is a tourist attraction. The old buildings were colossal! Build out of straight-lined huge rocks. And what brings a huge contrast to that, is the fact that the pavements and roads are tiny and squirmy. We visited Fortress St. Elmo (only on the outside though) and Vittoriosa (an old city somewhere near Valletta).

Today (Monday) at work we continued pretty much the same stuff as we did last week. I stayed with Lavinia and Henna stayed with Oriana. I printed engagement and termination sheets based on the e-mails ETC (some sort of personnel management programme/organisation/company) had sent Lavinia. I printed them, separated engagements and terminations, put them in alphabetical order and filed them. I also had to look for the matching engagement sheets for the new terminations.  Putting papers into alphabetical order apparently takes a lot of time, considering this tasks took about four hours…
After those terminations and engagements I started doing the ones concerning mooring men (which to my understanding are people who work in ships or some other international area, due to what they don’t necessarily need private guard license). We’ve had the files for a while, but now Lavinia had the last needed information about their employment (the starting days and whether they’re full or part time). Based on that given information and the information that was already in their files, I filled and printed their engagement forms. The first try wasn’t quite succesfull, for I was logged in with the wrong username. So I had to do that one again and now we have to wait for a week for the wrong sheet to go to ETC and come back to us. But, you know, try and fail and learn.  The next ones I got right.

The tasks are okay. They aren’t that hard, basically they’re just doing the same thing over and over again. I just need to keep focused on what I’m doing which is ,particularly when tired, the biggest challenge. But today I also got to eavesdrop the job interviews Lavinia held. They were a bit brief compared to the ones I’ve earlier been to, but it was a nice experience to hear some sort of a real interview in English.


In my own opinion, I’ve performed the tasks given to me pretty well. I’ve also been on time to work every day, which has earlier been a bit of a struggle. What I could try to improve, is to be a bit more outgoing and try to have a bit more of conversations with coworkers.  

1 kommentti: